BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

NFL Draft - Just Like Playing Musical Chairs


Arthur Moats Will Not Steal Your Chair Mr. Orakpo
JMU Sports Blog

James Madison's Arthur Moats has been busy lately visiting with a number of NFL teams for pre-draft interviews. He’s met with Buffalo, Philly, and New England amongst other teams. Patriots Daily conducted an extensive Q&A with Moats about his experiences thus far. In the interview, which is a must read for JMU fans, Moats talks about one of the stranger questions he’s been asked:

I was with the Redskins, and the guy asked me, if I’m coming into camp, I’m 30 minutes early, I’m sitting in the front row of the meeting room. Brian Orakpo walks in and says, “That’s my chair.” Am I going to get up and give him my spot, or am I going to sit there and fight him for a chair? … You know, I was just like, I’ll slide over, because I mean, he’s the million-dollar man; it’s not that important. So he was like, “Oh, so you’re scared of him?” And I was like, no. And he was like, “So why don’t you go fight him?” There was kind of like no right answer to the question and everything, the way he was asking it.


This is kind of funny considering that NFL teams consider personal interviews to be the most important part of player vetting. I can kind of understand that. They want to make sure they're not going to take unstable kids from bad homes that freak out when they start making some real money. But I wasn't under the impression they were being asked brainfuc*ing questions like these. I'm sincerely hoping the Redskins haven't put a lot of stock into this guy and just felt like screwing with him instead. Because that's the only good reason for an interview like this. Although, if the Bills draft Tebow I want to see him wrestle Richie Incognito for a chair on the first day. That is, if Incognito still plays for the Bills. I honestly have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment