BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

NBA Tidbits


Had to work at my new gig at Grant Street Bar & Grill last nite (come tip me sometime) so I missed much of the Laker game. Another lackluster performance by the Lakers but a win is a win. I also think I need a new Lakers shirt and these Facebook groups made up my mind. As a nerdy, 80's obsessed goon I think I have no choice but to buy a Kurt Rambis t-shirt and join The Kurt Rambis Preservation Society. This group is intended to preserve the legacy of the great Kurt Rambis, who sported the greatest mustache in NBA history (rivaled only by Phil Jackson's Knicks/Bulls staches). Rambis was the antithesis of sexy during his NBA playing career.

I would have liked to seen a Facebook group for former three point hurler and current Bulls president John Paxson. Aside from being Michael Jackson's point man for a couple years, Paxson is also my third cousin. Who would've thought you could have connected me and Michael Jordan without even having to break out Kevin Bacon. Anywho, my cousin's Bulls are folding like a lawn chair against Lebron and the Cavs but a few weeks ago Mr. Paxson showed his testicular fortitude by pushing his head coach Vinny Del Negro. If I had my pick of former Spurs to push Del Negro wouldn't make my Top 20 but I'd still take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment