BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

You call that frumpy?


WASHINGTON — U.S. President Barack Obama acknowledges he’s “a little frumpy,” and says he’s not worried about it.

Asked in an NBC television interview about the well-worn jeans he wore to last week’s Major League Baseball All-Star game, Obama said, “I hate to shop.”

He said that up until two years ago, he had only four suits and said “those jeans are comfortable.”

He said he would leave it up to first lady Michelle to set the fashion pace at the White House, saying: “Here’s my attitude: Michelle, she looks fabulous. ... For people who want a president to look great in tight jeans, I’m sorry.”

Is President Obama frumpy? Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought frumpy was reserved for the slighty chubby, somewhat homely girls that are dude bait at the after party. Or if you want a dude version, maybe me circa 2005. I've devolved since then. One may not mistake Obama for Taye Diggs anytime soon but he's far from frumpy. And I thought his outfit was cool. I would have rocked a gray White Sox cap though.

No comments:

Post a Comment