BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Do You Want Him to Slam? Yeah!


So Shaq has been named as guest host of Monday Night Raw (wrestling) next Monday and I could not be happier. It combines two of my childhood loves, wrestling and Shaq.

I even liked Shaq before he got to L.A., primarily because he was the spokesman for Pepsi and I love Pepsi. You all may not remember but soda was not distributed by 1-liter until Pepsi came out with the 'Big Slam' marketed around Shaq. He and Akeem's matchup in the NBA Finals was also the precipice for the Double Decker Taco, one of my other childhood loves.

Anywho, Raw started doing this guest host thing a few weeks ago and its mostly sucked but that was to be expected given that A-list celebrities would be reluctant to say they watch wrestling, aside from other athletes. So Seth Green and ZZ Topp have been the big gets. I hate Seth Green for no other reason than I hate him on 'Entourage' and I would have been more entertained by the Taco Bell dog than ZZ Topp.

But Shaq should pump some life into this thing. They have to have him fight some skinny tool in a Kobe jersey, right? That's the only way I can see this thing going.

No comments:

Post a Comment