BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lock it up!

And WHY did they let him out?
Reuters

BERLIN – German police had to rescue a 20-year-old man from a train station suitcase locker after he shut himself in for fun and began to suffocate.

After a night out drinking with friends, squeezing into the locker had seemed like an amusing idea to the man, police in the southwestern city of Ludwigshafen said Friday.

But the laughter faded when he started to run out of oxygen and his companions couldn't open the locker. Police broke open the door and dragged the groggy man to safety.

Why is it that some things just seem like incredibly wonderful ideas when you're drunk? Like stuffing yourself in a suitcase locker or impromptu wrestling matches or stripping naked and dancing. Obviously alcohol lowers one's inhibitions but it scares me that I might be walking around with these wacky ideas in my head all day with only a set of inhibitions seperating me from possible death.

There should be some Drunk Institute somewhere to study these things and I'm offering myself up as a guinea pig. I only ask that the government cover the cost of booze and get me a new liver as often as I'll need one.

No comments:

Post a Comment