BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

What's Trendy?

This may be my favorite new addition to the Back Yard Blog and it takes the place of the FML Moment of the Day. It's called What's Trendy. Basically, I see what the number one trending topic on Yahoo is and then I make a few observations/smart ass remarks about it.

Today's topic couldn't be better. The #1 topic when I started typing (12:47 a.m.) was Rebecca Black. My initial reaction was, “who the hell is Rebecca Black?” To say my pop culture knowledge has slipped since my last post is to say the least. My boy Kelsey won’t shut up about Bruno Mars and I have no concept of what or who that is.




But back to Rebecca Black. From what I have found out she is some type of pop singer. I watched her video ‘Friday’ and I wasn’t entirely sure if it was real or a goof. It kind of looks like a really crafty computer kid just made a YouTube video and passed it off as legit. The song also makes me feel bad for any bad things I ever said about Mandy Moore’s music. But kudos to you anyway Rebecca Black. You’re What’s Trendy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment