BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Bust Your Bubble


I guess if you had chaos in your Final Four then you won you’re bracket pool. All I know is that I was in second place in my pool with only seconds remaining in the Florida game and the Gators needing only a two pointer. Then some kid jacks a three, Florida ends up losing and I’m out of the running. Then the Kansas loss throws everything into chaos. I’m pretty sure the eventual winner of the pool pretty much came out of nowhere.

I guess this Final Four grouping shouldn’t surprise us. As little attention as I pay to college basketball during the year the one thing I kept hearing was how there wasn’t really an elite team. Ohio State and Kansas had their moments, as both teams did throughout the tourney but they aren’t immune to an upset. And now VCU gets to rub it in Jay Bilas’ face. The truth is VCU didn’t deserve to get in; the Rams have just made the best of an underserved opportunity. And there’s nothing wrong with that or this.


No comments:

Post a Comment