BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Ask a Young Dude

So my pal Bobby posed a great question in our group text yesterday - what is twerking?  In a group of eight 30-something's there were no answers. For a second I thought it might be a twink who's also a jerk. The confusion gave me a great idea for a semi-regular post in the BYB. Any time my friends and I have a question about something the young folks are doing I will investigate it and share it here on the BYB. It's like WebMD for the old and out of touch. Now, I considered actually going and asking young dudes  what twerking is but I feared they might think I was a gay creeper and pummel me. So I shall turn to the internet to solve this riddle. From Wikipedia - Twerking is a "dance move that involves a person shaking their hips and bottom in a bouncy up and down motion, causing it to shake, 'wobble' and 'jiggle.'" To "twerk" means to "dance in a sexually suggestive twisting fashion."  Answered that query. Up until now all I know about twerking was that Miley Cyrus liked to do it and it probably breaks her father’s achy, breaky heart. 


I'll never understand TMZ. Why would anyone want to know what Marcellus Wiley thinks about Miley Cyrus' twerking ability? I'd rather hear him blast Mario Williams' sacking ability. 

No comments:

Post a Comment