BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What's Trendy? - One of America's Top 10 Trending Topics


$336.4 million Powerball jackpot unclaimed
upi.com

NEWPORT, R.I., Feb. 13 (UPI) -- Lottery officials said Monday the winning $336.4 million Powerball ticket was sold at a Rhode Island convenience store, but the winner had yet to come forward.

A Lottery spokeswoman said the $9 Powerball ticket was sold at the Stop and Shop at 250 Bellevue Ave. in Newport and is now worth $336.4 million after Saturday's drawing, The Providence (R.I.) Journal reported Monday.

However, the spokeswoman said the winner had yet to come forward as of Monday. The winning numbers from the Saturday night drawing were 1-10-37-52-57 with the Powerball 11.

This sucks. Why does some yokel from a tiny state like Rhode Island get my money? The only things in Rhode Island are Peter Griffin and Brown University but some jerk gets to win my money. I did hit the powerball as my only number though and won 12 bucks. So I got that going for me...which is nice. Maybe I'll cash it in and drown my Valentine's Day sorrows in a cheap bottle of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment