BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Paddy Parties With O'bama


Harrington to celebrate St Patrick's Day with Obama
Reuters

MIAMI – Two-times British Open winner Padraig Harrington will be a guest of U.S. president Barack Obama at the White House St Patrick's Day party next week, the Irish golfer told reporters on Wednesday.

"I got an invite to go to the St Patrick's Day celebrations at the White House, I won't say it's perfectly convenient, but it's worked out obviously as I'm in the States," said Harrington, who will be playing at a tournament near Tampa in Florida next week.

"I can fly up and come back down in the same day and meet the President - it's very nice," said the 38-year-old.

Dubliner Harrington, ranked 13th in the world and in the States for this week's WGC-CA Championship at Doral, said he was hoping to get a chance to evaluate the president at close range.

"I'm looking forward to it. It's something different. You know, obviously President Obama is one of the most charismatic people of the world, one of the most powerful people in the world; you want to meet these people and see what they are like and get your own judgment on things.

"You can tell a lot when you meet somebody, so I'm looking forward to that and plus, I've never been to the White House."

You all may know I'm quite fond of our current president but I'm not too sure he'd be the guy I'd want to spend St. Patty's Day with. I generally like to have about 30 beers and five carbombs and I don't think the President would approve too much of me pissing the bed in the Lincoln bedroom. I think I might have asked to have a rain check on this blowout. Of course with all the problems going on right now I'm pretty sure my boy Obama would like to put on a funny hat and get wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment