BYB on Facebook

Check out the Back Yard Blog on Facebook.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Billshit!


If there's silver lining remaining on what has been a pretty subpar season it's that I'm pessimistic enough to stay away from gambling.

The one bet I laid down was that the Bills would someone come to their senses and mount an impressive showing against the 49ers. Giving away $50 worth in free shots is the perfect insult to the injury of giving up 624 yards and losing by 42.

This brings us to the Bills latest foible, a one-point loss to the Tennessee Titans. A one-point loss that could have been avoided had the Bills stopped the Titans backup quarterback from completing a 15-yard TD pass on fourth-and-9.

I'm not surprised. I'm not mad either. The Bills have shown me enough poor performances in my lifetime that I don't get my heart crushed when they fall apart. But it's starting to go from funny to irritating that the Bills defense has regressed to full futility.


Mario Williams and his $100 million tab have had an amazing impact as expected. But it’s been an entirely negative impact. Williams complains he’s banged up but the Bills assert that he’s healthy. His weekly whining even earned the Bills a fine from the league for not reporting his “injuries.”


From the Buffalo News:

“I need to play better. I need to get healthy, No. 1,” Williams said. “I can say this, and you can take it however you want to take it. It really don’t matter to me. I don’t care what you think."

Perhaps he’d feel more pressure to perform if his newly re-signed backup wasn’t better known for beating bisexual reality show hosts than he is for playing football.

But it’s Billshit. What did I expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment